Physical & Occupational Therapy
We’re here with personalized care to help you feel your best.
Inpatient and outpatient physical and occupational therapy are available at the North Platte Valley Medical Center. This means both our Extended Care residents and the general public can both take advantage of these therapies that can greatly increase a person’s quality of life.
- Conveniently located inside the North Platte Valley Medical Center at 1300 West Bridge Avenue, Saratoga, WY 82331.
- Phone: (307) 326-3169
- For insurance purposes, having a referral from your healthcare provider is recommended.
Who is physical therapy for?
Physical therapy helps people of all ages and situations, especially if you’re recovering from an injury, deconditioned, post-stroke, or just looking to take control of your health. The goal of physical therapy is to relieve pain, help you move better or strengthen weakened muscles.
Who is occupational therapy for?
Occupational therapy helps people of all ages, especially those who have physical, sensory, or cognitive challenges. This type of therapy can help people regain independence in all areas of their lives.
Occupational therapists use meaningful activities (occupations) with specific goals to help patients prevent, lessen, or adapt to a situation where mobility or function may be limited. The activities may be as basic as cooking or dressing, or as complex as operating a computer with modified control switches.
The goal is to address the patient’s individual needs, help increase the ability to accomplish daily activities.
Our physical and occupational therapists work closely to determine the best treatment plan for each patient. Please call us if you have any questions about physical or occupational therapy – we’re here to help!
Our PT/OT team can help with:
- Joint and muscle pain
- Physical conditioning
- Recovery after a stroke or injury
- Self-care or activities of daily living (ADL) retraining
- Adaptive equipment retraining
- Sports therapy
- Pre-op, post-op surgical repairs and joint replacement recovery
- Therapy services to address your individual needs